Sunday, 2 July 2006

Living in the Outer Hebrides (2) where the heck is Berneray?

Another question I often get. On Google Maps it is here.

Use the + and - sliding bar to either zoom in and view individual houses, or zoom out and see Berneray's position in relation to the rest of the world.

The link is precisely centred on my house. Zoom in and you'll see the weaving shed in our garden (the roof of), the rocks at low tide when the satellite picture was taken, and Bays Loch (effectively part of the Sound of Harris and Atlantic ocean).

Zoom out, and you'll see the beaches that surround the island of Berneray, as well as the beaches around North Uist, Pabbay and south Harris.

Note: this doesn't seem to work on a few browsers. Also, if you have the choice of "map" or "satellite", then pick "satellite", otherwise you end up with a boring map.

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering about that exact thing. Thanks for pointing out. If I should have guessed, I would never have guessed that it was in the UK. It is absolutely beautiful, and the pictures makes me want to visit it!

    ReplyDelete