Saturday, 7 April 2007

Long gone but not forgotten

It's getting on for several years since I last visited Barra and Vatersay. In fact, that was the trip where we unexpectedly got the news that our bid on the house in Berneray was successful (there'a an epic blog posting in there, but still exhausting to think about it). So I haven't see the sands of Vatersay for a good while:


Media_httpfarm1static_tbssu



That was the second Outer Hebrides beach I visited (the first being one on the west coast of Barra the evening before). And it was fantastic - totally deserted, hot sun (resulting in a bit of burn), no industrial sound, and great scenery in every direction.

Late summer, when I get back from time out in Chicago, am hoping to trundle down to Barra and Vatersay for another few days of beach wandering. The excellent picture above is by Flickr user Loch Eynort.

1 comment:

  1. I think I need to come to the Western Isles, if for no other reason than to see the beaches.

    ReplyDelete