Feeling surprisingly light, it was opened to reveal a heck of a lot of packaging:
After removal, the goodies became apparent. All packaged up, with bundles in either further packaging, or cardboard boxes:
After some time removing all the items, this is the haul for this shop:
Out of the seven items we ordered, one item was slightly different from what we were expecting, as the description on the online shop was a bit vague. Apart from that, everything was fine.
Some of the items had "half price" stickers on them, as well as badged shop prices. For example, the 6 packs of C5 envelopes (10 envelopes in each) were shop-badged at 99p per pack, but in the online shopping order all 6 cost only £3.59. So, buying the envelopes online in bulk was 40% cheaper (including the 20% sale reduction) than buying them in a branch of WHSmiths, which is a surprisingly large saving.
Delivery was free for orders over £25 - other online shops take note. Online tracking was useless; the order was despatched quickly, but there was no updates after that, so we couldn't follow its progress around the country. We didn't, on this occasion, do a massive order as it was the first one on this online shop.
Overall - superb value for money. And they've got another offer on the online shop, of £5 off if you spend £25 or more before the end of this week.
- Value for money of order: 9.5
- Web site and ordering process: 7.5
- Delivery and tracking: 7
- Packaging: 8
- Problem handling: no problems
- Overall score: 81%
- Would I use it again?: Yes
- Free delivery to everywhere, including Scottish islands for orders over £25.
- Really easy website to use; fast and quick to move around, and you don't need to squint to read anything.
- Substantial reductions on shop prices.
- Delivery took a week. Not disastrous, but not fantastic.
- Order tracking non-existant; where's my box?
- A little more detail on some items in the online store would be good.
- Some items can only be bought in bulk, not individually.
- Mountain of packaging, though it'll burn well on the fire tonight.