Thursday, 1 January 2009

A new look for a new year

This is my fifth New Year as a resident of Berneray and the Outer Hebrides.


It's January 1st, and as I was getting a bit fed up of my cluttered website and blog, I've changed the theme. It's now the Nice Wee Sites theme, running on an installation of Wordpress 2.7.


The adverts for Berneray calendars et al have gone, as the clutter was getting a bit daft. These items are still for sale (I get back a few pounds for each one which goes towards the costs of hosting the Berneray website), and can be viewed and purchased on the Isle of Berneray e-shop on Cafepress.


I've been blogging now for 3 years and 2 months, though of late this has diminished somewhat due to work divergence, and also returning to Twitter (microblogging). Various bits of software pump out irrelevant statistics, and they show that during that time I've:



  • Written 512 blog entries.

  • ... comprising of 119,386 words.

  • Gotten 957 (approved) comments back.

  • ... and over 70,000 spam comments, most automatically generated.


Heck, that is a lot of words; in fact it's about a book and a half in size.


On the picture front, my Flickr account now has 1,235 pictures in it. Considering the variable speed at which I write, and the fact that the vast majority (easily 90%+) of pictures I take I delete without putting on line, it's suddenly easy to see how the last few years have flown past.

No comments:

Post a Comment